The Puente scholarships are being offered to students who have been involved in the Puente Cohort Program and/or the Puente Club. Awards are given to students who have demonstrated determination to pursue their education (e.g. first-generation students, ELL students, student-parents, students with financial or educational barriers, etc.) and have so far been successful in their pursuit.
At this time, two scholarships are being awarded: one for a continuing LMC student and one for an LMC transfer student.
For continuing students, the requirements are:
• Enrolled in the upcoming fall 2022 semester with a minimum of 12 units
• Minimum 2.5 GPA
• Continued involvement with the Puente Program and/or Club
For transferring students, the requirements are:
• Transferring to a 4-year college in the upcoming fall 2022 semester
• Minimum 2.5 GPA or higher
• Commitment to the community and/or leadership in the community