Phil and Barbara Gottlieb Scholarship
The Phil and Barbara Gottlieb Scholarship is being offered by the generosity of Phil Gottlieb, an LMC Academic Counselor, and his spouse.
Criteria for the scholarship are as follows:
• Intent to transfer to a four-year institution in fall 2018, to secure a degree in Psychology with an interest in earning an advance degree in Psychology, Counseling, or Psychotherapy.
• Minimum 2.8 GPA
• In a 300-600 word essay discuss: (1) “Why do you think the field of psychology is a good fit for you?” AND
(2) “From your psychology classes here at LMC or from your own reading, tell us one idea or concept you found interesting and meaningful and explain why.”
• One academic recommendation from an instructor or counselor.
• Community Service, active in LMC Student Clubs, etc.
Please note: Special consideration will be given to students who are already working or volunteering in the area of counseling, mental health, or education.