Kennedy-King Memorial College Scholarship
The Kennedy-King Memorial Scholarship Fund each spring awards a number of two-year scholarships of $5,000 per year to students who transfer in the fall or spring following the award from Contra Costa County community colleges to junior standing in four-year accredited institutions.
TO QUALIFY FOR A SCHOLARSHIP YOU MUST:
1. Belong to a minority group underrepresented in the California College and University system, principally those that identify as socially, economically, or educationally disadvantaged. Be eligible (have sufficient and proper units) to transfer to a four-year institution with junior standing for the next fall term (or at the latest the next spring term) following the award. Provide evidence of financial need.
2. Be enrolled for the fall semester prior to the award (or have completed your course work within the past year) at Diablo Valley, Contra Costa, or Los Medanos Colleges. Applicants may not be currently enrolled nor intend to enroll before next June in a four-year college or university.
3. Be eligible (have sufficient and proper units) to transfer to a four-year institution with junior standing for the next fall term (or at the latest the next spring term) following the award.
4. Provide evidence of financial need.
5. Complete and submit on time the application with required attachments. If selected for an interview, you MUST attend the Saturday morning Selection Committee interviews in the spring.